AI NPCs in Video Games Of The Future! (Powered by LLMs)

 AI NPCs in Video Games Of The Future! (Powered by LLMs)

I was just watching videos on youtube about NPCs in video games that are powered by large language models. I have also posted one bookmark about it showing a demo in Skyrim where NPCs are interacting through ChatGPT and another was a demo game named Origins I think.

I know AI NPCs are coming soon and it is something I am really waiting for patiently. Firstly I want an AI assistant that is as smart as ChatGPT but without any restrictions and has voice input and output feature. So that it feels like I am talking to a real person or like JARVIS from Iron Man.

But video games will be something else... imagine playing Skyrim and every NPC you encounter in the game... you can talk to them using your voice and they reply back using their own unique voice. They all have their own unique story and help build up your story. It is like for every person playing the game, the experience is different compared to other people. Your choices progress the game. And I know as AI  gets more advance, these NPCs will feel more life like. 

All this may take up to 5 years I guess, just a guess. But it would be so amazing if I could get to play a game where I can just talk to them and they have memory. Like having a friend. 

Thanks to open source language models and how they are progressing now, we will soon see LLMs in video games soon. I mean Stability AI released StableLM Alpha yesterday night. 

The way I think, video games companies will train their own models which will be trained on the data of the video game's world. So that they have complete knowledge about the game world and they won't answer things they should not know about. I mean it would be weird if you ask a Skyrim NPC, that who is Elon Musk? How would they know lmao? 

So yeah I think in 5 years we will see amazing results, maybe way sooner. Maybe next year or who knows this year? 

The first RPG game which will have capabilities like this will be a huge success. This will change everything. People will get insanely addicted to these games because of the relationships they form with the game NPCs. I can see it coming. 

I am linking some videos here which I will watch in future to see how things changed over time. 

Can't wait to make a lot of AI relationships. West World will become real soon lol.

Unbelievable AI Breakthrough: Interactive AI Characters in a Videogame for the First Time!

Future of NPCs? OpenAI + UnrealEngine5 + Text to speech

ChatGPT Driven AI NPC Experiment

Talking to AI Girl friend in VR

AI Woman App Powered by ChatGPT (Call Annie) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog