Media really changes what we think and how we think - My thoughts

Media really changes what we think and how we think - My thoughts. I have been noticing this since months. As I use Twitter daily, it is full of thoughts from other people and media constantly bombarding things about different people, companies, and stuff like that. I have personally noticed that it started to manipulate my mind as well. Like for example recently there has been a lot of criticism about Marvel movies about their quality and it is actually cool to hate on marvel movies now. I have observed it a lot. Now I love them, not every movie but like most I have enjoyed. I agree they are not perfect but they are not bad either. As there is growing number of tweets and posts from people and media companies about it, its changing people's mind as well. I noticed it in myself. It is pretty crazy to observe. But since I am aware of it happening, I can control it. But a lot of people are unable to do it, if 1000 people are saying something is bad they will start believing it too even if they like it. It is cool to hate, it is like a trend. And people follow it like sheeps. It is like they don't think for themselves anymore but let others control how they think and what they think about. When I see someone mentioning Marvel movies, I automatically assume someone has talked trash about it in the replies and most of the time it is correct. Same with Elon Musk and a lot of other things.


Another case I want to talk about is of Elon Musk. Now as he is the richest person, media is constantly posting stuff about it to generate a lot of clicks and people love to talk shit about him. I have seen so many people liking him and now they have changed their mind because well media told them so, and because other people hate him too.

Media is indeed very powerful, what you read and see everyday and basically keep seeing changes your mind. I do not want to become like most people, I want to have a mind of my own and not let other people make me think. 

This obviously does not applies to everything. If people are saying terrorists are bad, well they are bad. But this applies to some things. 

Do not let media control your mind, think on your own and find about it instead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog