My review of Love Death And Robots Volume 1 (PrO_RaZe's Reviews)

My review of Love Death And Robots Volume 1

Yesterday night I finished LDR and wow it as amazing. This short review basically has my opinion on the series and will contain spoilers.


One of the very first things I liked about LDR is that every episode is different. Every episode has its own story, just like Black Mirror which I consider a masterpiece.

It feels great to see a new story in every episode and they are not very long which is something I like. I hate watching films which are 2-3 hours long unless they are very good and worth spending time on.

Short films are great on its own, able to tell a great story in as less time as possible. And they don't tell everything which makes the viewers think and interpret on their own. This is something I liked about this.

I strongly believe that if you watch or read something, and it doesn't make you think about it for at least for a day or more. It is trash. Art like this should make you think and thinking is the best thing ever.

LDR Volume 1 has 18 episodes. And the episodes that were my favorite were mostly those that had futuristic science fiction theme. Not all but mostly, because it is something that interests me the most.

The episodes which I disliked were those which had monsters in it or fighting them. I literally hate them. But still it was some what enjoyable. Not my favorite though.

Here is the list of episodes I really enjoyed (in no particular order).

1. Three Robots
2. Beyond the Aquila Rift
3. Ice Age
4. When The Yogurt Took Over
5. The Witness
6. Good Hunting
7. Fish Night
8. Alternate Histories
9. Lucky 13
10. Blindspot
11. Zima Blue

The episodes which I really liked and I literally want to experience them more are:

1. Beyond the Aquila Rift
2. Ice Age
3. When the Yogurt Took Over
4. Good Hunting
5. The Witness
6. Alternate Histories
7. Zima Blue

I want to experience these worlds so much, even a well made movie or series would be amazing.

Beyond the Aquila Rift blew me away. I love space ships, interdimensonal travel, futuristic high tech worlds so much. The thought of traveling galaxies is so much amazing for me. I want humanity to reach at this stage. The simulation showed was amazing too, minus the ending because that was quite disturbing.

Ice Age was brilliant because we could see how humanity started with nothing and became a Cyberpunk like city and beyond which looked like an alien world. I literally paused those scenes many time to appreciate its beauty. I wish I could see it more, I want to live in these worlds and see every corner. If everything goes right, humanity itself will reach at this stage in the future. Cyberpunk is too mind blowing for me.

The Yogurt one was funny but it was actually related to Artificial Intelligence becoming sentiment. And how they became Super Intelligent benefiting the humanity. But in the end they got bored of humanity's goals and went for the stars. It's something I really think about and love. AI is one topic I am reading a lot these days.

Good Hunting is my second most favorite episode actually. You will know my first soon. At first I thought it's gonna be some average story about saving a girl who is a furry. But later when humanity progressed and became a cyberpunk/steampunk like civilization. It was amazing. And the relationship between the girl and the main character was beautiful. The soundtrack was so beautiful and I could feel the world. The animations were magnificent. I will watch it again. It could be an entire movie. There were many other things too.

What I liked about The Witness the most was its animation and quality. It was something I think I have never seen before. It was set in the future too. And god the animation itself made it worth to watch. The story was pretty cool too.

Alternate Histories was the funniest of all, it showed the possibilities that could occur if things changed in the past. It was all about Hitler being killed. It was fun. Really enjoyed it. I hope one day we have something like this which shows us what would happen if this didn't happen or that. And its outcomes. It basically was the butterfly effect.

Zima Blue is my most favorite episode of all. It was so simple and also Philosophical. It was the last episode I watched and I was glad it was last. I don't even wanna spoil it here. It's something you should experience yourself. I already actually made a bookmark about it. It deserves the rating of 100/10. One Part of me wishes it was longer, maybe of the movie length but then one part says it is perfect as it is. It told us so many things in such a short time, messing with it may ruin it. But I respect Zima so much even though he is fictional. Zima Blue actually inspired me. To keep moving forward and focus on my goals and to be great, and find the purpose of my life. And also achieve it. 

I read user reviews of almost every episode on reddit. And I was actually so pissed by other people. The episodes which I considered amazing was hated by so many people. And it told me that don't believe in other people. It actually happened so many times. The things I like are disliked by so many people. Or rather not say dislike, but not preferred.

I'm sure the episodes I didn't list as my liked ones, are probably the ones which are the highest rated. Well I know about Zima Blue, it is loved by almost everyone. But I'm talking about others. Whatever. I just don't like survival and monster killing stories. They are too boring for me.

LDR showed me how amazing human imagination and creativity is, and that there are still many original ideas that can be showed as an art. 

Another amazing thing was that they tell didn't everything or showed, for many people it's like it is not making sense. But why should everything make sense? Why should every piece of art should have sense or meaning? We are missing a lot, because we keep putting sense into things. We try to find meaning in everything. Things should go freely too. Things should just be. 

There are two more volumes of LDR I haven't watched yet. And I will continue from today itself. LDR is definitely not 10/10 for me. But if I put only the episodes I liked. I'll give it 9/10.

I want to see and experience as much as I can, but most importantly I want to see things that I have never seen before. I think this is living life to the fullest for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog